Monday, July 27, 2009

Inspiration for this blog

The inspiration for this blog is the two moms in my life, my own mother and my mother in law. Growing up my mom stayed at home with us kids and I rarely remember eating food from a package, at Christmas time I recall her baking months ahead and freezing it in preparation, and many times when I got older my mom and I became big DIY-ers. My mother in law has spent all her life on a farm, she grows her own produce and then she cans it all, and she cooks it from scratch. Both of these women are pretty good seamstresses as well, so my daughter has been blessed with some of the prettiest and unique quilts and outfits.

I love cooking, sewing and crafts. So this blog is a way to keep me motivated and keep track of my projects. My goal is to have a simplier life for us, good homemade meals, fresh baked items (that are gluten free), home made clothes for my daughter and gifts hand made for friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment