Sunday, August 2, 2009

Cajun Coconut Shrimpies

One day I stumbled upon the only oats brand spice mixes. I have been in love with the crazy cajun lately. I cook by handfuls and pinches and don't measure much so please forgive me as this isn't an exact recipe.

I melted some virgin coconut oil in a dish, then I added the crazy cajun spice mix, an egg, shredded unsweetened coconut and a splash of lime juice. Then I tossed the shrimp to coat and then placed them on a baking sheet for 8 minutes at 375 degrees. Served over chinese white rice (I know I shouldn't eat white rice but it is one of my guilty pleasures, brown rice doesn't have the same texture or taste)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh-this sounds delish! I will have to try this out! Cajun spice here I come!

    ReplyDelete