I have no pattern to share and the steps were really simple. For starters you need a waist measurement. Then I just added a few inches onto the waist measurement for seam allowance and to cause the skirt to gather a bit once I added the elastic.
The first dark purple strip was 4.5 inches wide and 20 inches long and that was the strip that included the waist band. The next strip was 4.5 inches as well and 30 inches long. I gathered the second strip and then sewed it onto the first strip. The third strip was 9 inches wide by 50 inches long and same as the second strip I just gathered it and sewed it on. Super simple and super cute.
Then I needed a matching top to go with the skirt. So I grabbed a simple white shirt I had picked up at walmart at 2 for $6 and appliqued a heart onto it. Now that I know how to applique it looked so much better than my first attempt. The secret is to iron on some very thin interfacing as a stabilizer on the back while you are zig zagging.
And the outfit in action
That turned out fantastic!!! Great work
ReplyDeleteAndrea