Wednesday, February 10, 2010

February 10, 2010-from grocery bags to wallet

Today my friend Jacqueline came for a crafting marathon, we decided to make reusable grocery bags. Inspiration So basically the instructions is to layer several grocery bags in between parchment paper and iron until they are fused together to make a fabric. So we went assembly line style (well as best as possible with only two people) and made a bunch of "fabric". Jacqueline chose to make produce bags and a lunch bag for her hubby. We made one piece of "fabric" with a green department store bag and it was such a beautiful colour I had to make it into something more.

So this is what we started with
Photobucket

And this is what the "fabric" looks like
Photobucket

This is the finished wallet, the entire thing is made of grocery bags, except for the key chain, the zipper and the embellishment on the front (that is done with felt)
Photobucket

The inside
Photobucket

The outside wide open
Photobucket

Oh and the key chain link thingy is from a dog leash that Jacqueline's dog chewed apart.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome work. I love it. Have you seen people crocheting with bags too? It looks great as well. I hope you didn't buy your materials :)
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool! Thanks for sharing with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I'm now your blog follower!

    ReplyDelete